Should I wear my new spring dress that I mostly made myself? (I reworked a huge muumuu I found at a thrift store). Probably too fancy. Especially now that we have a foot of snow. Back to the closet…
So I just found out – as in today - that I will be on The Today show! Next Week! But they’re sending a film crew to my house TOMORROW to tape the segment! (The day that starts in 30 minutes because I stayed up too late again!) Other than abusing exclamation points I am running around like a crazy person doing very important things:
1. Worrying about what to wear. (Because of course I’m having a serious I’m-fat-and-ugly attack – it’s my mind’s cop-out anxiety for everything.)
2. Coaching my kindergartner to pleeeease stop picking his nose and eating it like his hands are lik-a-maid sticks. (Seriously, sometimes he’ll do both hands in both nostrils at once to get double the booger-y goodness into his mouth.)
Of course this means that I am NOT doing these very important things:
1. Cleaning my house. That they will be FILMING in.
2. Actually thinking about what I’m going to say so I don’t sound like a total moron on camera.
3. Um, blogging. Forgive this post, please.
All of which means I’ve sprouted like 2 zits in the past 10 minutes and there’s a 90% chance someone is going to wake up with stomach flu at 3 a.m.
All I know so far is that I’ll be on in the 8 a.m. time slot some day next week. Wish me luck!!!
P.S. At least I’m not trying to repaint my entire house the night before like I did when I was on 20/20! There are advantages to only having one day’s notice – limits the crazy time.
P.P.S. My husband just got home and would like you all to know that he too has a big accomplishment to share: he scored 9 points in his pick-up basketball game tonight! Woohoo!