Having long professed my love for Experience Life magazine, I was beyond thrilled when they asked me to be in a promo video they were making. A camera crew camped out with me and my rowdy band of children for three hours one afternoon as I rhapsodized about how much I adore this mag.
A few things in the video made me giggle:
1. Can you spot the kid that’s not mine? I do have a lot of kids but not quite this many! (Hint: The blond one.)
2. Back lighting makes my hair look reaaalllly thin. Note to self. Also, I should really wear lipstick.
3. That woman with the baby is the fastest nut chopper I have ever seen! She’s amazing! I’d slice my fingers off for sure. Also, her baby sucking her lips is the cutest thing ever.
4. I would never, ever have my laptop at the table with my children and their sticky spilling fingers!
5. But true story: I do totally ignore them running circles around me while I giggle over blog comments and catch up on my reader, just like in the video.
6. Me sitting in a sunlit chair reading a mag? Never happens. More likely I’m holed up in my messy bathroom with the door locked again
ignoring my kids for 10 minutes of peace so I can finish reading the article about how to find more peace in my life but the camera crew didn’t think that was quite the vibe they wanted.
7. I have pretty fingers when I type! Look at that form! My piano teacher would be so proud.
8. Jelly Bean sitting next to me and shaking her head. Man my kids are cute!
9. My Twitter friend Brad is also in the vid! And he does perfect decline push-ups!
The best thing about this video though is that everything they (we) say about it is true. I’ve never read another mag like it. It’s smart, well-researched, comprehensive and like Pilar, the Editor-in-chief says, it has authenticity and integrity. If you haven’t ever read it, go check out their site
. Their archives alone are a gold mine of reliable, well-written health and fitness info!
What is your fave health/fitness magazine? Anyone else an unapologetic bathroom reader??
Written with love by Charlotte Hilton Andersen for The Great Fitness Experiment (c) 2011. If you enjoyed this, please check out my new book for more of my crazy antics and uncomfortable over-shares!