And if any of you did your homework this weekend (anyone? Anyone? Bueller??) then you are too. It probably wasn’t the wisest idea to finish the Ranger Special Ops assessment AND start the Action Hero Workout all on the same day. But you should all know by now that knowing when to quit isn’t exactly my strong suit. So, results:
No Special Ops For Us
But we’re still special:) Awwww! Gym Buddy Allison and I are both pretty proud of the numbers we put up. We h-a-t-e-d doing the test but when it was all done, Allison looked at me and declared, “That was a rush!” Indeed.
Ranger Special Ops Requirements:
Situps: 80 in two minutes
Pushups: 80 in two minutes
Pullups: 12 consecutive
Run: 2 miles in 13 minutes
Situps: 98 (girls rule!)
Pushups: 72 (I’m still sore and we did this part on Friday)
Pullups: 15 – but not all in a row. I got 6 without putting my feet down.
Run: 14:08 (First mile was 6:01!!!! I almost puked.)
Situps: 69 (thisclose!)
Pushups: 65 (yes, we both did “man” pushups)
Pullups: 14 not in a row. 6 in a row.
Run: 14:40 (she said, “I didn’t even know it was possible for me to run this fast!”)
Action Hero Workout Tips
It was fun!
– It’s kind of a long workout so plan at least an hour.
– Don’t do it every day. It hits upper and lower body so 2 X week, 3 max
– We upped the recommended weights as her suggestions seemed light to us. So pick a weight that you can do 12-15 reps for 3 sets of. Yay, no more Barbie weights!!
– Do whatever cardio seems appropriate to you
– Gym Buddy Candice pointed out to me that “two really small towels” (used instead of the val-slides) are actually called “washcloths” in English. Thanks, girl:)
– Gena added that paper plates on carpet also work in lieu of the “val-slides” Great idea!
– Yes you are supposed to do all 3 circuits 3 times each in the same workout. I know it’s hard. It’s supposed to be hard. Do you think Wonder Woman got those quads with Sit and Be Fit?
How did you guys do? Post your Ranger Ops results and/or thoughts on the Action Hero workout. I’m really interested to see what you guys think of it!! Now – time for a nap.